Difference b\w Swine flu and Bird flu
Swine flu: Influenza is a virus that infects people, birds, pigs and other animals. Swine flu, or swine influenza, is a form of the virus that normally infects pigs. Occasionally, pigs transmit influenza viruses to people, mainly hog farm workers and veterinarians. Due to H1N1 virus related illness were increasing in almost all parts of the world. The World Health Organization declared the infection a global pandemic.
Bird Flu: Bird Flu or Avian influenza is a disease whose causative agent is H5N1 virus, which is carried by animals especially Birds. It is characterized by rapid spread and sudden death. The outbreak of avian influenza of most concern - H5N1 - began in poultry in South Korea in mid-December 2003, and has affected birds in many countries in Asia, Europe, Middle East and Africa.
Difference between Swine flu and Bird flu:
1.Swine flu spreads quickly as comparison to Bird Flu, but casualty rate not much high. Bird flu spreads very slowly, but has a high casualty rate.
2. The bird flu virus affects all systems of human body, but the swine flu virus affects only the respiratory system.
3. The main symptoms of swine influenza are vomiting and diarrhea. Apart from cough, fever, sore throat bird flu patients suffer from eye infections, pneumonia, and other severe problems.
4. Bird flu is transmitted by direct contact with birds, their excretory products contaminated by infected people. Where as swine flu is transmitted from direct contact with pigs, waste matter contaminated by infected people.
5. Pregnant women, persons with chronic medical conditions are most vulnerable target for swine influenza, Small children and rural workers are soft target to get infected from Bird flu.
6. If your dear one is infected by swine influenza make sure they stay at home, cover their nose and mouth when they cough, make them wash their hands often. In bird flu covering his/her nose and mouth when coughing or sneezing, using a tissue when possible; avoiding travel and large crowds whenever possible; maintaining good basic hygiene, using a normal cleaning product; making sure your children follow this advice.